Chicago Pilates, Yoga, Yamuna Body Rolling and Bodhi Classes
Group Classes are designed for a group experience. Our workouts are fun and definitely not a chore! You are working with like-minded students in a relaxed, non-competitive atmosphere. We provide energizing, efficient workouts that reduce the risk of injury and make you feel liberated and alive. You will be motivated by our music and approachable instructors. Our workouts push fat burning systems into high gear coupled with muscle conditioning exercises that shape and tone your body.
Why Core Strength is important:
- The core is a group of muscles that stabilizes and controls the pelvis and spine (and therefore influences the legs and upper body).
- Core strength is less about power and more about the subtleties of being able to maintain the body in ideal postures — to unload the joints and promote ease of movement.
- For the average person, this helps them maintain the ability to get on and off the floor to play with their children or grandchildren, stand up from a chair, sit comfortably at a desk, or vacuum and rake without pain.
- For athletes, it promotes more efficient movement, therefore preventing injury and improving performance.
- Having a strong or stable core can often prevent overuse injuries, and can help boost resiliency and ease of rehab from acute injury.
- The core also includes the pelvic floor musculature, and maintaining core stability can help treat and prevent certain types of incontinence.
At Sana Vita Studio, each client is encouraged to begin with two private lessons prior to attending group classes.
- During these lessons, you will receive a personalized introduction so we uncover your needs and individual goals are met.
- Proper form is essential for success when training from general fitness to sports events and/or competitions. It is the quality of training which influences your progress, more than the quantity.
- Sana Vita Studio instructors and practitioners approach fitness in a way which includes the physical, emotional and spiritual self, employing a range of methods uniquely tailored to the individual.
- We will assist you on your journey, we’ll work together to motivate you to be the best you in your life.
Only one first-time CLASS special pricing per customer
CLICK HERE to purchase a gift card!
We offer a 30 Day Unlimited Classes, one class per day, does not include Yamuna Body Rolling classes for $280 click here
We also offer a 30 Day, 8 Class Pilates Equipmnt/ Bodhi /Jumpboard Package for $200 click here
PILATES MAT CLASSES
This mixed level Pilates mat class focuses on strength, precision, and flow of movement. In this small class setting the teacher will present the exercises at multiple levels which allows students to choose to work at a beginning, intermediate, or advanced pace.
- Students will learn to be aware of breathing patterns and spinal alignment while engaging the deep muscles of the core.
- Focus is on establishing the bio-mechanical foundations to work safely and effectively within the technique to create uniform development of the body, core strength and breath control.
- If you learn the Pilates mat exercises correctly, you will always have a powerful and effective way to get in shape and enjoy the benefits of Pilates.
To learn more about Pilates and its creator, Joseph Pilates, click HERE
PILATES EQUIPMENT & CARDIO PILATES EQUIPMENT
In the Pilates Equipment class, you will experience the endless Pilates repertoire with the energy of a group setting. Joseph Pilates designed specialized equipment, such as the Reformer, Cadillac and Low Chair, in order to tone and balance muscles without stressing the joints. Come ready to get a great workout and prepare to leave empowered and feeling strong!
- Our classes help you develop your core strength, tone muscles, change shape, burn fat, define your body, improve posture and increase flexibility.
- The unique reformer apparatus, as well as the Cadillac and Low chair, will develop your body uniformly and increase awareness of alignment. So, to sum it all up: The Reformer "reforms" the body by providing it with a clear trajectory to move within - hence increasing movement efficiency.
In the Pilates Cardio Equipment class, we have taken Pilates and a cardio workout to a whole new level. Want to sweat, burn loads of calories, and challenge your body?
- This class has sets of cardio woven in between sets of Pilates Equipment exercises for an incredibly cardiovascular workout and finishes with balancing exercises and stretching.
- You'll leave feeling exhilarated and toned. Most importantly you will strengthen your cardiovascular fitness level.
PILATES JUMPBOARD CLASSES
If you have never taken a Jumpboard class you and your legs are missing out. The Pilates Jumpboard/Reformer class is an amazing way to get your extra cardio and feel the burn.
- This class combines Pilates Reformer technique with Jumpboard intervals, which strengthens the legs without being aggressive on the joints.
- The heart rate is increased and calories are burned.
- This is mega movement you will feel the next day.
YAMUNA BODY ROLLING CLASSES
Yamuna Body Rolling (YBR) is a revolutionary approach to health and fitness using balls designed exclusively for this practice.
- It consists of a series of routines using 6 to 10-inch balls. Unlike other ball exercises, YBR goes far beyond random movement and stretch.
- It allows you to work specific muscles in detail, to create suppleness in tight areas and optimize range of motion.
- YBR reeducates muscles and stimulates bone, creating positive, permanent changes in the body.
- Yamuna Body Rolling works the way a hands-on practitioner works -only using a ball. The ball replaces hands as it moves on muscles to stretch them, dislodge tension and discomfort, increase blood flow, and promote healing.
- Lying over the ball, you literally roll your body out almost like dough, stretching and elongating your muscles.
- The YBR routines follow specific sequences that match the body's own logic and order. Starting where each muscle begins, at its origin, you roll toward where it attaches to the point called its insertion.
- The Yamuna Body Rolling practice has earned respect from chiropractors, physical therapists, Yoga instructors, Pilates and Gyrotonic instructors, massage therapists, bodyworkers, fitness instructors and dance teachers.
BODHI SUSPENSTION SYSTEM CLASSES
50 minutes of intense Bodhi rope suspension system work. This class is a fusion of Pilates, strength training, balance and aerobics.
- Offering an intense cross-training and total-body workout, the Bodhi system promotes whole body strengthening and stretching through the use of four adjustable ropes with multiple attachments.
- By taking the body out of alignment with gravity, the body's deep core muscles are challenged, and total body strength, dynamic stability, and flexibility occur.
- The ideal complement to your Pilates or Yoga practice, Bodhi adds standing, balance, and stability elements that your body will respond to and enjoy.
- A great workout for anyone with movement experience!
CARDIO PILATES MAT CLASSES
We've taken Pilates and a Cardio workout to a whole new level. Want to sweat, burn loads of calories, and challenge your body? Well, we encourage you to “let your inner superhero shine through".
- This class is a fusion of the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates combined with a great Cardio workout.
- The Pilates exercises sculpt your body and the addition of cardio will burn calories while enhancing your total experience.
- The class begins with ab-sculpting Pilates work, progresses to running and jumping in place for an incredibly cardiovascular workout and finishes with balancing exercises and stretching.
- You'll leave feeling exhilarated, tightened, and toned!
PRE-NATAL/POST-NATAL PILATES CLASSES
During pregnancy, the pressure of the growing baby weakens the entire pelvic area.
- Pilates helps to strengthen the pelvic floor and lower back which in turn helps prepare the area for the head down position of the baby.
- Pilates also strengthens the transversus abdominus and promotes relaxation because it focuses on lateral breathing. Lateral breathing opens up the ribcage and helps lessen the discomfort of a baby-sitting in an extremely high position. This results in less heartburn and pain between the ribs!
- The movements in our Pilates Classes also helps prevent inflammation and swelling around your joints.
- The combination of intentional breathing, coupled with controlled and expansive exercises, all help to make the body more comfortable .
- You will feel reduced stress in the shoulders and neck, the lower back, and the hips/pelvis.
- Taking Pilates on a regular basis will also diminish leg cramps. The habits you establish during your pregnancy will carry over to your postnatal life.
- Taking Pilates before, during and after pregnancy allows your body to bounce back faster!
PRE-NATAL/POST-NATAL YOGA CLASSES
The physical benefits of prenatal yoga are numerous. It helps women glide gracefully through the evolutionary process of pregnancy ultimately preparing for birth.
- Participating in a group prenatal class provides a community of support from people who understand what you are experiencing.
- Benefits of Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga Include: Increases overall strength, flexibility and well-being. Stimulates your organ systems, promoting the circulation of blood and oxygen.
- Focuses your attention inward through imagery and meditation promoting a heightened state of physical and emotional well-being.
- Reduces low back pain and sciatica--teaching proper body alignment. Reduces swelling and inflammation around your joints, and aids in digestion.
- The combination of the physical or "asana" portion of yoga with the emotional and spiritual component, reduces anxiety and helps women experience the wonders of pregnancy.
- The benefits of postnatal yoga include movement, balance and relaxation to allow your body to recover from pregnancy and birth.
- It helps to heal the body and mind, and repair all the tissues back to their former glory.
- FIRST TIME : $10.00
- DROP IN: $20.00
- 5 CLASS PACKAGE: $95.00
- 10 CLASS PACKAGE: $180.00
- Step outside your comfort zone and push yourself to try something new!
- PURCHASE HERE
- SCHEDULE NOW